Communications & Partnerships Fellowship
The Communications and Partnerships Fellow will assist the Team Leader in raising the profile of United Social Ventures.
Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, hardworking, social media and web-savvy, and brimming with ideas about creative ways to engage audiences in the organization’s mission. Exceptional writing and design skills are needed, along with demonstrated curiosity and/or experience in digital marketing and social entrepreneurship.
While assisting with a wide range of projects, the fellow will gain hands-on experience in many aspects of marketing and communications – from strategy and design to partnership management, social media, and event organising – while also gaining a good understanding of a small and growing NGO.
The fellow will support in the development and updating of communications strategy and materials that are attractive, consistent, well written, and propel interest and action.
Start Date: January 2020. Requires 4+ months commitment.
Hours: 8 – 16 hours per week. Some work can be completed remotely.
Compensation: This is a voluntary position. A weekly allowance will be provided to enable anyone to take up the opportunity.
To Apply: Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Updating and maintaining USV’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly email to venture members.
- Develop relationships with media outlets and distribute news releases and stories to them
- Assist with the design of digital and print marketing materials (e.g. flyers, graphics, emails,…) for activities and events organised by USV
- Interview ventures for web profiles, stories, and podcasts.
- Update events and profiles, and curate a blog on the USV website.
- Hold meetings with partners and prospective partners about the work of USV.
- Collaborate with staff in weekly meeting on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Utilizing online metrics tools (such as Google Analytics) to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns, and online advertising;
- Assist with general administrative and related tasks as needed.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of United Social Ventures
- Strong grasp of social media platforms, management tools, and campaign development
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills (ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines) and attention to detail
- Completed or working toward a degree or diploma
- Computer literate (incl. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint) and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Previous related experience in marketing or communications
- Qualification in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Journalism or Public Relations)
- Experience with WordPress and/or Google analytics and AdWords
- Knowledge of graphic design
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in the non-profit or international development sector
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs