The Communications and Partnerships Fellow will assist the Team Leader in raising the profile of United Social Ventures.
Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, hardworking, social media and web-savvy, and brimming with ideas about creative ways to engage audiences in the organization’s mission. Exceptional writing and design skills are needed, along with demonstrated curiosity and/or experience in digital marketing and social entrepreneurship.
While assisting with a wide range of projects, the fellow will gain hands-on experience in many aspects of marketing and communications – from strategy and design to partnership management, social media, and event organising – while also gaining a good understanding of a small and growing NGO.
The fellow will support in the development and updating of communications strategy and materials that are attractive, consistent, well written, and propel interest and action.
Requires 4+ months commitment.
Hours: 8 – 16 hours per week. Some work can be completed remotely.
Compensation: This is a voluntary position. A weekly allowance will be provided to enable anyone to take up the opportunity.
To Apply: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Updating and maintaining USV’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly email to venture members.
- Develop relationships with media outlets and distribute news releases and stories to them
- Assist with the design of digital and print marketing materials (e.g. flyers, graphics, emails,…) for activities and events organised by USV
- Interview ventures for web profiles, stories, and podcasts.
- Update events and profiles, and curate a blog on the USV website.
- Hold meetings with partners and prospective partners about the work of USV.
- Collaborate with staff in weekly meeting on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Utilizing online metrics tools (such as Google Analytics) to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns, and online advertising;
- Assist with general administrative and related tasks as needed.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of United Social Ventures
- Strong grasp of social media platforms, management tools, and campaign development
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills (ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines) and attention to detail
- Completed or working toward a degree or diploma
- Computer literate (incl. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint) and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Previous related experience in marketing or communications
- Qualification in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Journalism or Public Relations)
- Experience with WordPress and/or Google analytics and AdWords
- Knowledge of graphic design
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in the non-profit or international development sector
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs