Oversee the financial management and strategy of our young and growing international charity
We’re seeking a qualified and knowledgeable financial manager/accountant to be the Treasurer on our Board of Trustees.
The main responsibilities are:
- Attend quarterly board meetings (these generally last 2 hours and are over the internet calls)
- Review and confirm accounts prepared by the CEO on a monthly basis, as well as liaising with them regarding general financial management and strategy. Present these financial reports at trustee meetings. (Approx. 1 hour/month)
- Sign off on United Social Ventures’ account for the financial year to be audited in Uganda.
- Become a signatory to United Social Ventures’ bank account in the UK and Uganda. Authorise bank transactions, including international transfers between the two accounts, in a timely manner. (Approx. 30 mins/month)
- Attend a monthly sub-committee for governance and assurance (1 hour)
- Periodically review our financial management policy and ensure that procedures are being followed.
- Oversee United’s transition to a new accounting system.
- Join other trustees in committing to United’s ‘Give or Get’ policy of either giving or fundraising for the charity.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience in organization financial management
- Undergraduate degree in related field (accountancy, economics, finance etc.)
- Knowledge of accountancy software and processes
- Ability to dedicate at least 2 hours a week to United Social Ventures
- Chartered Accountancy Qualification