Social Enterprise Developer Fellowship
Mentor & consult dozens of youth-led social start-ups
Be at the forefront of the development of UniTED’s innovative incubation format. Spend a year in Uganda, consulting on youth-led social start-ups to help make them more impactful, sustainable, and scalable.
Dates: September 2018 – August 2019. Dates are flexible by 1-2 months.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Funding: The fellowship position is unpaid. UniTED expects costs for the year to be £5-7,000 ($7-10,000), depending on choices around living standards. Fellows will need to fundraise with the support of UniTED for this prior to travelling.
UniTED will provide several weeks of training before you start working independently. We will also organise weekly feedback meetings with a supervisor to make sure you are comfortable in the role.
UniTED will advise on housing in Kampala prior to your arrival and a member of staff will meet you at the airport to ensure an easy adjustment to Uganda.
- Support 40 youth-led social start-ups, spending 20 hours of contact time with each as a UniTED tutor.
- Hold interviews with start-ups seeking to UniTED’s support.
- Be part of a team developing the curriculum of social start-up development tools.
- Help undertake the annual survey of UniTED’s beneficiaries.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good communicator, especially cross-culturally
- Entrepreneurial and adaptable mindset
- Willingness to learn and work independently