Bürger:sinn:stiftung will match any donation you give towards this target – meaning that for every £1 you give – or pledge to give over the next 12 months – we’ll get £2. So, if we hit our target of £2,650, we’ll receive £5,300! But we only have until 21st January to make this happen.
Why should you give to UniTED?
1. The Need – In Uganda over 50,000 students graduate from university every year, but only 10,000 jobs are created in the entire formal economy. Students need to be entrepreneurs to create jobs for themselves and become the leaders of change in their community. We give them the tailored support they need to do this.
2. Our Impact – 100% of students recommend UniTED to others. They value our support at twice our costs. 69% say that UniTED’s support had been transformation to their venture.
3. The Future – As a young, youth-led organisation, every donation you give to us now is an investment which will pay huge dividends in terms of impact as we generate new revenue streams and scale our model to thousands of young people in the coming years.
Success Stories from 2017:
– Art Planet Academy gives agricultural lessons in schools and training to pupils’ families – increasing their income on average by $8 a week. They won the Anzisha Prize for Agriculture and $10,000.
– Vertical Micro-Gardens have invented a new product which tiers gardens and can generate $350 of vegetables per year, turning micro gardening in small urban spaces into a viable economic enterprise. They won a 2016 UniTED Award, and in 2017 won a YouthActionNet Global Fellowship.
– Kitabu Buk Project recycles used textbooks to poor rural schools in Uganda and so far distributed over 5,000 textbooks. They won a 2017 Mandela Washington Fellowship.
– Disability Employment Rights Initiative campaign for equal treatment by employers of persons with disabilities. They were finalists of an OpenIDEO Challenge.