Communications & Partnerships Fellowship
Lead UniTED’s Communications Strategy
Help to catalyse UniTED’s growth by leading communications and partnership building for the charity. Working in Kampala for a year, you’ll develop and implement the communications strategy, helping us to expand our social media outreach and attain national press coverage. You’ll also hold meetings with other civil society organisations, universities, and businesses to create new partnerships for UniTED.
Dates: September 2018 – August 2019. Dates are flexible by 1-2 months.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Funding: The fellowship position is unpaid. UniTED expects costs for the year to be £5-7,000 ($7-10,000), depending on choices around living standards. Fellows will need to fundraise with the support of UniTED for this prior to travelling.
UniTED will provide training and guidance before you start working independently. We will also organise weekly feedback meetings with a supervisor to make sure you are comfortable in the role.
UniTED will advise on housing in Kampala prior to your arrival and a member of staff will meet you at the airport to ensure an easy adjustment to Uganda.
- Develop and implement our communications strategy.
- Set up and represent UniTED in meetings with potential partners.
- Curate the UniTED website and social media accounts.
- Help with the online recruitment for international volunteers.
- Support the organisation of the annual Social Entrepreneurship Awards.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of social media
- Willingness to learn and work independently